Being a mom is not easy, you have to make a number of sacrifices, you have to be sure what you are eating, whether it is good for your baby or not and the list goes on. Moderating your diet plan is essential not only during the nine months when the baby is in your womb, but even after that until the time you breastfeed. This is because your baby will get all the Nutrition, Vitamins and Minerals from you; therefore, you have to eat healthy, as a wrong food choice may affect your baby health. If you just be the new mommy and confused how to maintain regular meals and what food items you need to limit while breastfeeding, so, this article is for you. Here we discuss the list of foods a breastfeeding mother must and must not have.
Foods To Include –
- Green Vegetables And Seasonal Fruits: Green leafy vegetables and fruits both may offer plenty of nutrients and are rich in Vitamin, Calcium and other minerals. Including them in your regular serving may ensure the supply of all the nutrients and vitamins to your baby and helps you stay healthy and fit. Also, it increases the production of milk in your body.
- Nuts And Seeds: These are a rich source of protein and fiber and many other minerals and vitamins as well, and if you are a vegan, so, you should add it to your diet. It not only satisfies your hunger pangs, but also ensures the good health of your baby.
- Water: Water is important to turn everything you eat into milk. Drinking enough quality as per your body need may ensure the proper supply of milk to your baby, which helps to keep them healthy. Just because water is important, doesn’t mean you need to over drink, have it when you feel thirsty. Not only water, you can have unsweetened and non-caffeinated beverages.
Foods To Avoid –
- Caffeine: For every mother to be or a breastfeeding mother coffee is a big no. You shouldn’t have it as it may keep your child irritated and never let them sleep properly, which is not good for their health. Coffee or any other source of caffeine like chocolate must not be in your diet until the time you are breastfeeding the baby.
- Peppermint: Almost every one of us loves peppermint and for sure use it in regular meals, but having it when you are breastfeeding is not advisable because it reduces your milk supply.